Well, winter has come and is giving way to the early reaches of spring. The trees are starting to bud, and we are putting the final touches on the yurt. The windows have been trimmed out. The in-wall internet has be fully installed and tested. The kitchen received its final monster cabinet, counter tops and back-splash.
I was having a problem trimming out the windows because there was a bend between adjacent windows where the panels met. After going over some of the possible solutions. My neighbor Terry suggested to use all the scraps to create a butcher block pattern that could follow the contour. So, that is what I did. Here is the final result.
Also, while I was in the “Use all your scraps” mindset, I decided to use the floor tiles for the counter top.
So, here is how the main living space ended up.